After much anticipation… Siri’s Dictation Feature has FINALLY been ported over to all devices supported by Apple to run it’s newest OS (iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1). In order to get the new feature up and running, you must have a jailbreak. Thus far, there are no public untethered jailbreaks. The best jailbreak available up until today is the “semi-tethered” jailbreak. I will be writing a post on how to do a “semi-tethered jailbreak” shortly. For those of you who already have a jailbroken device running 5.0 or 5.0.1 follow the following steps:
1. Head over to Cydia
2. Go to manage tab at bottom of screen
3. Click on the sources option
4. Tap edit at the top right
5. Tap add at the top left
6. Type the following Repo: http://apt.if0rce.com
7. Tap add source
8. Scroll to Siri0us and install
9. Let the phone go through the steps
10. Reboot tethered and you should have a working phone with Siri’s dictation feature!
**UPDATE: I have been notified that some users are having issues because of a server overload. If you are unable to install Siri0us, add this source instead:
(Video courtesy of iDownloadBlog)
I hope this was helpful! If you liked it, please be sure to follow my site (top left hand corner) and also subscribe to my YouTube page youtube.com/theT3chGuru – I will be adding lots more content!
– Rohan Shah