A new unlock method for jailbroken iPhones has just been announced and released, for those of you still in contract that can’t yet take advantage of AT&T’s unlock offer. This method uses Sam Binger’s Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) package in Cydia. By following the steps below, you can unlock your phone (as confirmed by Musclenerd).
1. Download and install Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module). You should add the repo “repo.bingner.com”.
2. Locate the SAMPrefs icon on your Springboard and open it.
3. Enter utilities ad choose to “De-Activate iPhone”.
4. Go to the “Method” section, select “By Country and Carrier”, and choose your carrier.
5. Tap “More Information”, and taking note of your IMSI in the “SAM Details” section, continue to “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”.
6. Go back to the main screen and change the “Method” to manual. Then enter the IMSI from step 5.
7. Plug your phone into iTunes and double click on “Phone Number” to make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card, then unplug your iPhone.
8. Disable SAM.
9. Plug your iPhone back in, and restart iTunes if it says your phone cannot be activated.
10. Thats it! If you have issues with push notifications just use the “Clear Push” utility in SAM and reconnect to iTunes.
Following those steps above, you should be able to unlock your phone to work on any GSM network. Leave a comment if it worked for you!